Job Opening: Facilities Manager
October 3, 2021
The Hoogland Center for the Arts is looking for a new Facilities Manager. This person will be responsible for ensuring that everything in the building is functioning properly and technical needs are met. This includes managing maintenance and security personnel; keeping the building clean and ensuring the rooms are set for scheduled events; and repairing, or hiring a qualified vendor to repair, the A/V, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems.
The Hoogland Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All hires must go through a simple TransUnion background check. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. All employees of the Hoogland Center for the Arts must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Approximately 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Hours can vary, and may include occasional nights and weekends in emergency situations. Sometimes the Facilities Manager will be asked to come in earlier than 8:30am to meet work crews.
Pay: $35,000 a year. Salaried position.
• Manage the physical operation of the building
• Coordinate and supervise room setup for events held in the building. Assist Clients and Residents with the setup for their events (including assisting Technical Director with lighting and sound equipment).
• Coordinate and schedule evening and weekend security personnel
• Coordinate and manage janitorial staff and outside vendors to ensure a regular cleaning schedule
• Coordinate preventative maintenance tasks to ensure all equipment is operating efficiently
• Order cleaning and building supplies
• Perform minor routine maintenance, including painting, replacing lights, etc.
• Respond to emergency cleanups and repairs, such as clogged drains, HVAC problems, etc. as well as to security system alarms
• Attend and provide status updates at weekly staff meetings and monthly operations meetings
• Assist Technical Director when needed
• Responsible for making sure that safety measures are observed by people using our facility, with the support of the Executive Director and HCFTA Board of Trustees to assure compliance in a timely manner
• Responsible for ensuring that Fire Code, OSHA and Building regulations are met, with the support of the Executive Director and HCFTA Board of Trustees to assure compliance in a timely manner.
• Responsible for repairing equipment (or arranging for repairs to be made by outside companies)
• Responsible for making sure residents and clients have the proper equipment in proper working condition for the success of their events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to work nights and/or weekends when needed
• Ability to be available via phone for emergency situations
• Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, maintenance repairs, and industrial cleaning
• Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with electrical and mechanical systems as well as computer controlled equipment
• Basic knowledge our computer systems, including office computers, phones, HVAC, security system, surveillance cameras, etc.
• Basic knowledge of technical equipment including theatre lighting and sound and basic A/V equipment
• Knowledge of OSHA and Fire Department regulations
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate organizational skills
• Ability to supervise others
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
• Ability to maintain records
• Ability and willingness to meet the physical requirements necessary to perform the required duties, including ability to lift, carry, push, pull, and move heavy objects on a regular basis
• Ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly.
• Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
• Ability to see and respond to dangerous situations quickly.
• Ability to climb ladders and work in high places
• Ability to interact appropriately with patrons of all ages and personalities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 per year
We are following CDC and local health guidelines. Masks are required indoors and all employees must provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.