Join us on YouTube for our annual fundraising Gala, A Night on Broadway. The event is now available and free to watch, but donations are appreciated!
Since we can’t have large groups in the building right now, we’ve decided to bring “A Night on Broadway” to you. Each year since 2015, we’ve brought in wonderful Broadway stars to headline our Gala. Sadly, that isn’t happening this year. But, with our unique format, and with the power of the internet, over a dozen performers with impressive Broadway credits have agreed to help us out, so that we could bring a spectacular Home Edition right to your computer screen, streaming on YouTube and Facebook Live.
The video presentation will be hosted by Justin Carter, WICS-TV news anchor and HCFTA Trustee, Vanessa Ferguson, HCFTA Assistant Director, and Gus Gordon, HCFTA Executive Director.
Our featured guests will be sharing songs and messages of support. Here is a list of the performers (with their Broadway and National Tour credits):
- Anna McNeely – Gypsy (with Tyne Daly and Bette Midler), the original cast of Cats (Jennyanydots), and the original cast of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
- Ernie Sabella - The Lion King (Pumba in the original movie), Chicago, and Guys and Dolls and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum with Nathan Lane.
- Timothy Shew – The Visit (with Chita Rivera), Les Misérables (as Jean Valjean), Guys and Dolls (with Nathan Lane and Faith Prince), and Sunset Boulevard.
- Seth Rudetsky – Disaster, The Ritz, and Sirius XM
- Pamela Myers – Company (Original cast. She originated the song “Another Hundred People Just Got Off of the Train”), White Christmas, Into the Woods (with Vanessa Williams).
- Tamar Greene – Hamilton (George Washington in the Chicago and Broadway companies), Show Boat at Lincoln Center.
- Michael Gruber – A Chorus Line (both the original production and the revival), Cats (Broadway and Video production), Swing, Miss Saigon, and My Favorite Year.
- Springfield’s own Lindsey Grimble – Rocktopia, The Site and Sound Theatre production of Jesus.
- Jason Graae – Wicked (as the Wizard), Grand Night for Singing, Falsettos, Forever Plaid (the original Sparky), and Ragtime (Houdini in the L.A. Company).
- Springfield’s own Courtney Young – Young Frankenstein, The Producers, Little Me (with Martin Short), Cats, Fosse, and The Full Monty.
- Jim Walton – Merrily We Roll Along, Come From Away, 42nd Street, Crazy for You (Bobby Child in the PBS Broadcast), She Loves Me, and Sunset Boulevard (with Glenn Close).
- Kate Baldwin – Hello, Dolly! (with Bette Midler), Finian’s Rainbow, and Big Fish.
This year has been the most difficult year for the arts in modern times. This evening will give us an opportunity to celebrate the arts, thank you for your continued support, and raise valuable funds to allow the Hoogland to continue operations after this uncertain time comes to an end.
A Night on Broadway: Home Edition can be viewed online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEJnc57XPc&t=2431s and www.facebook.com/hooglandcenterforthearts
We hope that you will join us and make a donation to keep the arts alive in Springfield!
Donations can be made at: http://www.hcfta.org/ways-to-give